Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Rainbows and Sunshine

As the close of the year is just around the corner. Many people look back at the year only to hope that next year will be better. It's been such a difficult year for me and seems like the passion for love has left me and hurts seem to be the current reality that could prolong. But I know that God has cornered me to deal with my problems and issues rather than just sliding them under the carpet and pretend they aren't there. I realized that the human heart can only take so much before it explodes. Because of issues that are not dealt with, things will only go from small mistakes to big problems. A wrong definition of "dealing with hurts" would be "moving on". Moving on does not take you to use your mind or heart and it certainly is far from actually dealing with the issues. In fact, you'll be deceiving yourself and problems, like garbage, over time, will turn from bad to worse. Bringing things before God actually does take boldness because when weaknesses are exposed, we might "look funny" and the hurts feel so real. And we can come to His throne boldly because it is a throne of grace (Hebrews 4:16). Often people evaluate whether a year was good by how much money they have in their bank account, or how smooth things went their way but sometimes the worst happenings in a year turn out to be the best things that could happen to us in our life time. We can't determine the outcome of tomorrow by the pain we suffer today. Jesus encouraged us not to worry about tomorrow since today has enough of its own problems (Matthew 6:34). Why do we need to deal with these problems? Coz' we will either be slaves to guilt and pain or be free to celebrate life. So, choose!

As for me I don't know when I'll be fine again but I have to trust God that He is watching over me and He is in control. I know that my measure of being out of control cannot be equated with any standard of love, hope and faith He puts on me. Even for a prophet, we don't see everything. Thanks Papa that you're not a prophet, You are YAHWEH!

Lets keep our hearts open before Him because Jesus is the only one that can set us free from pain. Don't bottle up and think that hopefully things will get better. You need to do something. You need to come to Him. Jesus isn't a pain killer, He is a pain healer!

Life will never be free from problems but let us always know that after tears are smiles, after rains are rainbows, after storms are sunshine.

If you've read this post and feel something burning it your heart, feel free to contact me. :)

'SAY - LAH (SELAH)'

Having God fearing friends and accountability to leaders are a great benefit in hard times. :D

No comments: