Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Watchmaker

Bluetooth watch by Sony Ericsson

If you watch 'Heroes' series and know who Gabriel a.k.a. Sylar is, you'd get a clearer picture on this next post. Enjoy!

A watch proves very obviously that there was someone that made the watch. And a watches primary function is to show the time. There are watches nowadays so hi-tech that it even functions as a communication device, like a cell phone. But most often than not, people buy a watch for its primary function, which is to show the time. So we can come to an equation that a watch was created for a specific purpose by someone.

What I'm trying to get to is, your existence proves that there is a Creator and there is a purpose you are living. Earning money is definitely not the primary function of a human being, it is part of what we need to do but it ain't a humans primary function. If earning money was the primary purpose of our existence, you will feel complete satisfaction when you earned your first cent and you would never need another penny again. You've probably heard people saying, or if not yourself, "When I earn my first thousand, I know I'll be happy". But we all know, especially if you're working, that that does not happen. Though we are joyful for a moment, but moments, mind you, never last. It's called moments for a reason (duh!). This applies for travelling, coffee drinking, video games, excellent results in examination, popularity, amount of facebook friends and etc..... You can try, but rest assured you will find that, at least for this area and topic, I'm right :)

If you've been wondering about your purpose in life, let me tell you, everyone will wonder about it sooner or later. Don't pacify or numb that feeling, it will only lead you to more sorrows and fake happiness.

There is a solution to everything. Every problem, every sickness and deceases, every hurt, every wound. The solution is Jesus. I don't say it because I'm a Christian and that I want to convert you (if you haven't accepted Jesus into your life). I say this because, I've tasted an awesome "hamburger" and I'd like to recommend this "hamburger" to you. I would be a selfish imbecile if I had a million dollars but didn't share the moments spending the money with people (friends).

All you need to do is long for an answer of your purpose here on earth. He'll definitely answer you.

'FUN FACT'
If your mind is blank, you're probably heading no where.
Daniel Wong, Ministry Assistant of WHC

No comments: