Thursday, August 13, 2009

Smells Like Fried Chicken

Last week, I was seriously ill and having symptoms of the all popular and dangerous H1N1 that have been circulating round in the newspapers. I was worried and scared somewhat yet still not really giving much thought to it. It was a really suffering time but as always when I'm not well physically I see things that don't usually catch my attention.

A few days into my illness, I went to the doctor and got some medicines. After taking them for the next few days, I really got weak and tired due to the after effects of the antibiotics. I didn't feel like talking or praying or reading the Bible or worshiping. But there was a period of time after taking a dosage of medicine, I felt alright and I went to read the Bible. After that day, I started getting better and I wasn't worried or fearful anymore. There was peace and I just felt joyful, for awhile.

Often when we talk to God, we're always just asking for something we want or need but we forget we're dealing with a Person and often treat Him like a furniture or a vending machine. We've got to begin to cultivate His presence and be aware that He is near. When we do that, all the goodness of His nature or His "aura" will just rub on to us whether be it healing that we need or finance or joy or peace or faith. Just like having fried chicken in our house. When there is fried chicken there, obviously you'll be able to smell fried chicken right? You don't have to tell yourself "I must smell it, I must smell it", you'll just be smelling it. But when you don't even have fried chicken at home, how in the world are you going to be able to smell fried chicken? Imagine the smell ah? So you can't get the promises of Jesus or the Holy Spirit's attributes if you don't have Him. When you begin to just be aware that Jesus is near and here, the very thing that you need or want will be there too. If you're having a presentation in college and you need courage, just worship Him and just be in His presence, faith will be present with you can we know that faith carries the element of courage. If you need love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness or self-control (or all of the above), just call Him and when He arrives in your house, you'll just be getting all of these. You don't even have to ask for them! If your dumb and do idiotic things that you regret later on and you really want wisdom, read His Word, the Bible, and you'll get smarter.

As you're reading this, you can be anywhere, at work, at school, at home. Jesus is there right now with you. Smells like fried chicken doesn't it?

'WORDS OF FAITH'
The distance around the city shall be 18,000 [4 x 4,500] measures; and the name of that city from that day and ever after shall be, THE LORD IS THERE [Jehovah Shammah]. (Ezekiel 48:35 Amplified Bible)

'FUN FACT'
God desires intimacy, He desires intimacy, He wants intimacy. He's 'into me you see'.
Russell Evans, founder of Planetshakers

No comments: