Monday, July 20, 2009

Part Of Something Big!

As we walk this journey called life, we eventually figure that money and fame isn't all to life. We then get into a group or be a part of something bigger than ourselves. Some find a person to be with, some start their own enterprise, some become fans of a football team and the list goes on. Whether poor or rich, young or old, people will have the desire to be a part of something big and significant.

Just last Saturday, I was at a football at our home stadium, Bukit Jalil. A match between the past 3 season English Premier League champions and my home team Malaysia. As we journeyed to the 90,000 seater stadium, me and my friends were all psyched and ready to cheer. We entered the stadium and as the 2 teams began to walk out of the players tunnel, the crowds cheer was enough to cause an earthquake. I soon realise that I was part of the minority supporting our Malaysian team due to the popularity of Manchester United. In my mind I sort of knew we were gonna lose, but I really was positive that night and I knew WE COULD DO IT!
Around 10 minutes and Manchester United scored the first goal. A few years back when they came, we lost 6-0 and flashbacks of our humiliating defeat spoke to me that it was gonna happen again tonight. A few minutes later it was 2-0. I took a deep breath and kept on cheering on for my home team. It was nearing half-time and the 44th minute of the game, my dream since I was a kid came true. A dream to cheer at a goal my home team would score. It was a beautiful goal and the score was now 2-1 as half-time drew in. Second half and just as it got on the way, a fumble by the Manchester keeper gave us a 2-2 scoreline. There was such a cheer in the crowd that it gave the Malaysian team some hope that we could actually win this! As the match drew to a close it was around the 80th minute that Manchester finally sealed the win. The match ended at a close, 3-2 final score.

At the end of everything, things that matter seem to not matter anymore. Like who scored the goals but focus was on how hard the team tried and played. Seeing them just try was good enough for me as a supporter and it really showed me that we can do it if we tried.

Friends, we've got to start to understand that we are already actually part of the biggest thing in the world. We got to know that our life was meant for a purpose and a mission. Just like a watch proves that there is a watch maker and a watch was designed to show us time, the existence of us human beings proves that there is a maker and we must have a purposed for living. This mission is so big and victorious in nature that even the championship cup has already been won by our Lord, Jesus Christ. All we gotta do now is show off that championship cup, our salvation, His grace. So lets do that.

'WORDS OF FAITH'
For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you. (Luke 17:21 NKJV)

'WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT'
Let us continue to bring in the reality of the authentic gospel. God bless and bye bye.
Bill Johnson, Senior Pastor of Bethel Church, Redding

1 comment: